A snapshot of the summary - bible course
week 1 quiz
the Hebrew Bible is arranged into three main sections, what are those three section?.
the three most famous kings from thourought Hebrews monarchy are...
identify four myths about the old testament
- the ot is insignificant
- the ot is inconsistent with the nt
- the ot is too difficult to understand
- the ot is outdated
the massoretes also had strict guidelines on how they copied the scripture identify three below.
- if a copy did not completely agree with the original it was destroyed
- they knew the number of times each letter appeared in each book
- counted the number of words and letters in each book and also calculated each middle word and each middle letter
the Talmudists had strict guidelines related to how they copied old testament scriptures.identify 6 below.
- each line had to be thirty letters long
- the ink had to be black and made in a very specific way
- each page of the codex had to have the same number of columns
- the copier had to wear specific clothes and bath a specific way
- if the king addressed the copier while he was writing the word God he was to ignore the king.
- nothing, not even a part of a letter could be written from memory
unlike jews why do Christians not celebrate the Passover?because Jesus is the Passover lamb, he can be celebrated the every day.
to what percentage do old testament books resemble the dead sea scrolls?%95
how could each Israelite family avoid the 10th plague?by putting lambs blood on their front door
how many times is the old testament quoted in the new testament?+1600 times
when Israel kingdom split into half what were they called?northern kingdom and southern kingdom
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Don't study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding