Study Cards on church, established, free
What country is associated with the Presbytarian Church ?
Scotland is. This form of protestanism became so strong in Scotland that it became the nation's established church.
What are dissenters, nonconformists or members of the free churches?
They are all names of the Protestants in England who did not accept the authority of the Anglican Church. First they were called 'Dissenters' and later, as tolerance grew they were known as 'Nonconformists'.Nowadays refusal to conform to the established church is irrelevant, so they are now simply called 'members of the free churches'.
- Baptists - comparatively strict both in their interpretation of the Bible and their dislike of worldly pressures.
- Quakers - aka Society of Friends, are a very small group whose notable characteristics are their complete lack of clergy and their pacifism. They refuse to fight in any war, though they will do ambulance and fight work.
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Don't study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding