Study Cards on henry, church, england
- The country had finally lost any realistic claim to lands in France, thus becoming more consciously a distinct 'island nation'.
- England was closer to the geographical centre of western civilization instead of being on the edge of it.
Ireland also remained Catholic. There Protestantism was identified with the English, who at that time were making further attempts to control the whole of the country.
- 1534 = The Act of Supremacy declares Henry VIII to be the supreme head of the church in England
- 1538 = An English language version of the Bible replaces the Latin Ones in every chruch in the land
- 1580 = Sir Francis Drake completes the first voyage round the world by an Englishman
- 1588 = The Spanish Armada (a fleet of ships sent by king Philip of Spain to help invade England) is defeated by the English navy (with the help of a violent storm)
The war ended after three decades in 1485 when Tudor defeated Richard III at the Battle of Bosworth Field.
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Never study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding