Study Cards on transport, road, london
What is a 'lollipop lady' ?
This is a member of the 'school crossing patrol' (which consists of mostly women, only 20 % are men)who, while wearing a bright waterproof coat and carrying a black and white stick with a circle at the top which reads 'STOP', walks out into the middle of the road, stops traffic, and allows children to cross the road as they are walking to school. The stick with the STOP sign is popularly known as a lollipop, so they are called lollipop ladies.
2. Cities give absolute priority to buses and cyclists.
RAC: Royal Automobile Club, basically the ANWB for the royals
explain the difference between a taxi and a mini-cab
a traditional taxi (also known as 'black taxi', eventhough most of them are not black anymore) cannot be hired by phone. You simply find one on the street. A mini-cab does get its business over the phone.
Name a few means of public transport in GB
Coach (lijnbus), Train, Tram, Taxi, Buses
What is a barge
a ship that sails on the inland waterways such as canals.
2. The tube
3. Black taxis
2. it lacks facilities besides toilets.
- People living close are worried about destruction of their communities.
- Londoners are worried about the noise
- Green campaigners are against the idea on principle
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Don't study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding