Microbial Metabolism - Electron Transport and the Proton Motive Force
- The dissociation of H2O into H+ and OH- in the cytoplasm.
- Stepwise cytoplasmic membrane-bound oxidation of an electron donor by an electron acceptor via a respiratory chain
- Associated generation of a proton motive force (pmf) via the translocation of protons across the membrane (DpH and DY)
- Phosphorylation of ADP with Pi to ATP via the ATP-synthase with the aid of influx of energized protons
It's also called NADH: quinone oxidoreductase, because NADH is oxidized and quinone reduced.
To interact with quinones in such a way that two additional protons are pumped at the Q-bc1 site.
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Never study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding