3 questions on "Microbial Growth and Its Control - Osmolarity and Microbial Growth"
Extreme halophiles require high levels (15–30%) of NaCl for growth (30% = 300 g/L).
Mechanisms for combating high osmotic pressure in surrounding environment involve increasing the internal solute concentration by:
- Pumping inorganic ions from environment into cell
- Synthesizing or concentrating organic solutes (compatible solutes)
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Never study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding