Study Cards on area, aragon, wines
- Campo de Borja
- Red wines from old vine Garnacha, bush vines
- medium to full bodied
- ripe red and black fruits
- High alcohol
- high volume and inexpensive
The climate is moderated by:
- Altitude: high plateau and slopes; 500-800m, high diurnal range that retains acidity
- Ciero: a cold wind from the north, slows ripening
- Hardly diseases due to lack of rain and rocky free draining soils.
- Warm continental but with more rainfall than the other 3 regions (C's)
- Altitude gives diurnal range 350-650m
- Cold breezes from the Pyrenees
- Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay, and unusual Gewurztraminer!
Viñas del Vero is largest owned by Gonzalez Byass.
The area was for all practical purposes virgin territory. Young winemakers with ample capital and all the latest equipment poured in, creating superb modern bodegas. They also brought with them foreign vines which took on new personalities in the different environment.
It is a relatively small area: around 4,300 ha.
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Don't study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding