Study Cards on baden, germany, describe
- In the south of Germany, split into multiple areas (Bereiche).
- Main; north of Heidelberg to the Swiss border in the south
- Also between Franken and Württemberg
- Around the Bodensee (Lake Constance).
- On the eastern side of the Rhine, opposite Alsace (Vosges rain shadow)
- It is the warmest, sunniest and driest wine producing region of Germany.
- Best known for its red wines; Spätburgunder is complex and enhanced by oak ageing.
- Variety of styles due to varied soils and microclimates;
- Kaiserstuhl: south facing slopes on an extinct volcano -> full bodied, complex, smoky, high alcohol
- Bereich Ortenau, Bereich Tuniberg and Breisgau are; cooler, calcareous soil -> more acidity, delicate fruit flavours
- 59% is white plantings
- Reputation for red; Spätburgunder
- high volume inexpensive blends with MT (2nd variety)
- Also Graub. Weissb. And Chardonnay.
- Riesling is small but high quality (Prädikat level)
small; Bernhard Huber, Jürgen von der Mark.
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Don't study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding