Study Cards on puglia, high, primitivo
Rose, red plum, blackberry,
high acidity and high tannins
- On clay, linestone and volcanic soil - giving excellent drainage and water retention in a Mediterranean climate. Enough water
- Cooling influences from altitudes up to 600m - high diurnal ranges
- Breezes from the Balkans - retain acidity and high aromatic intensity
- Primitivo aka Zinfandel
- Nero di Troia/Uva di Troia
- Both high yielding
- In Puglia looser bunches, more disease resistant.
- In Puglia, older vines are bush trained.
- Primitivo di Manduria (min 85%)
- Goia del Colle: min 50-60% and blended with Montepulciano, Sangioves or Negroamaro.
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Don't study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding