Study Cards on wine, production, franken
By size of production, these are:
- East of Baden, south of Franken, around Stuttgart.
- Produces light, fruity red wines mainly for the domestic market.
- Red wine production, 68% if plantings is black.
- Most planted; Trolling, Lemberger, Schwarzriesling
- Riesling is half of all white plantings.
- Between Mosel and Rheinhessen
- Protected by Hunsrück mountains -> mild temperature, low rainfall. In the east very warm; maximum sunlight, steep slopes (Schlossböckelheim and Bad Kreuznach).
- Mainly white wine region 75% of which 30% is Riesling. 2nd Müller Thurgau.
- Lower acidity than Mosel, riper fruit.
- Soils mixture of slate and sandstone.
- Dornfelder most planted black.
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Don't study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding