Study Cards on wines, petit, jurançon
- South of Bordeaux, climate almost similar;
- Atlantic influences into flat territory of Madiran and Jurancon
- Away from Atlantic are Bergerac, Monbazillac and Cahors, with slightly less rainfall and warmer summers
- Dry white and 70% medium sweet/or sweet
- Varieties: Petit Manseng, Gros Manseng
- 3 styles:
- Jurançon Vendange tardives; high acidity and alcohol, lemon and mango, full body, top end, very good to outstanding, mid-to premium priced.
- Jurançon medium sweet
- Jurançon sec
- Min. 50% Petit and/or Gros Manseng
- Yields vary
- Medium sweet: min 40g/l RS
- Vendanges Tardives: min 55 g/l RS, exclusively PM and Gros Manseng only
cost impact for higher quality wines of Petit manseng: in barriques fermented and aged (12-18 months).
No MLF to retain acidity and primary fruit.
white wines very successful: Colombard, Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Don't study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding