Study Cards on wines, valpolicella, style
- Fermentation in stainless steel, temperature controlled for primary aromas; 20-25C
- Maceration short 5-7 days, little tannins
- Ageing in Stainless or large oak for 6-8 months
Different for Appassimento.
- Wine style: Passito
- Wine names: valpolicella, amarone, recioto
- Grapes picked (11-11,5 potential abv) to reach semi-dry state before crushing; still contain acids, bunches are healthy
- The grapes are stored for 3–4 months in well-aerated drying lofts on trays. To concentrating flavour, raising alcohol levels and making sweet (and today, dry) wines.
- Dry in 1/3rd of their weight; higher sugar, potential abv, acidity, anthocyanin/colour, tannins and flavour concentration.
- More glycerol -> softer mouthfeel
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Don't study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding