- This summary
- +380.000 other summaries
- A unique study tool
- A rehearsal system for this summary
- Studycoaching with videos
A snapshot of the summary - DEVOPS A BUSINESS PERSPECTIVE
1 What is DevOps?
Name two reasons for DevOps to appear.
- Adoption of agile software development
- Management of IT infrastructure as a program code.
1.1.1 Agile methods for software development
Describe the historical developments for software development.Waterfall to Scrum to Agile
Describe the waterfall methodA software development method of sequential execution of predetermined stages, each of which takes significant time and ends with the achievement of previously agreed results.
What is the disadvantage of the waterfall method?It takes a long time to make the product
Changes in the product due to added customer requirements, market opportunities are difficult.
Kent Beck wrote a book aboutXP Extreme Programming.
Scrum and XP where not the solution for improving the development cycle. Why?Scrum and XP focused on the programming not on the whole development cycle.
What are the key elements of agile development?
- Closer interaction between the customer and developer
- reduction of batch size
- product delivered at short intervals
- limited size of the teams
Why is the effect of the Agile approach not a great as expected?
- Business needs not clear or well elaborated, prioritization
- The fragile state of the IT infrastructure
- Lack of obsolescence of the IT systems documentation
1.1.2 Managing infrastructure as code
Which two technologies made management of IT infrastructure as code possible?Virtualization and cloud computing.
What is a chroot?A chroot is a part of a Unix operating systems that changes the apparent root directory for the current running process and its children. A program that is run in such a modified environment cannot name (and therefore normally cannot access) files outside the designated directory tree. The term "chroot" may refer to the chroot(2)system call or the chroot(8) wrapper program.