Study Cards on crystals, fructose, additives
Blast --> heat transfer limitation in the product itself (exponential line)
- Plate freezer
- Allow fast cooling, fast freezing
- Only for plate-shaped products
- Blast freezer
- More freedom of shape
- Slowly freezing, possibly not all products experience same conditions
- In slowly frozen meat, cells are loose from each other, because crystals are formed in between the cells (intracellular). In fast frozen meat, no such large spaces between cells can be observed.
- In slowly frozen meat, cells have collapsed and are dense. In fast frozen meat, there are holes visible where ice has sublimated (intracellular ice formation). Upon thawing these cells may quickly gain their original shape.
- More necks and more contact points per m3, stronger network may form
- Driving force for sintering is the change in free energy from the decrease in surface area. With smaller crystals, this driving force is higher.
- The typical path that sugar molecules have to move towards a contact point is smaller, so this process is faster and thus in a given time there is more sugar transport towards the contact points.
- A concentrated sugar solution is very viscous, and this concentrated solution will form strong necks between the sugar crystals.
- A salt solution is not so viscous and the formed bridges will be less strong. Any clumped salt crystals can break up again once you spoon it.
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Don't study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding