5 good questions and answers: "Crystallization dynamics - Nucleation"
- Seeding --> manually adding small crystals
- Heterogeneous nucleation --> particles where molecules from the solution may be absorbed on
- Homogeneous nucleation --> in very pure systems, large supersaturation causes dissolved molecules to associate themselves, concentration of those associates becomes so large it becomes a nucleus
In sugar solutions, the viscosity increases rapidly with higher concentration or lower temperature. The crystallisation and glass transition lines are close in the state diagram.
In systems where these lines are further apart, you might not see this slowing effect as clearly.
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Never study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding