A snapshot of the summary - Medical Embryology
L2 Developmentl biology
Blasocoel spot (animal or vegetal pole) depends on?The
ootypesof the animal, so where the yolk is located. If yolk more on vegetalpole, blastocoelwill most probably be on the animal pole.
What cells does the mesoderm consist of ?
L3 Developmental biology
What does define which specialisation a cell will have (or colorcode)?The concentration
definesthe threshold in which the cell will do a certain specialisation.
So the different concentrations of particular morphogens will result in different (end) cells after differentiation.
French flag model
L4 Developmental biology
The five brain vesicles are?Telencephalon, Diensephalon,
Mesensephalon, Metencephalon, Myelencephalon
Tell Die Messen Met Mij
eModule notes (Developmental biology)
Developmental Hallmarks Drosophila
- centrolecithal ootype
- syncytium (cytoplasm with multiple nuclei)
- syncytial specification (specification of body regions by interactions between cytoplasmic regions before cellularization of the blastoderm) - specific of insects
- involution and ingression of mesodermal cells
- after gastrulation specific sets of cells will form imaginal discs giving rise to specific structures after morphogenesis
- development is 'up-side-down' as nervous system develops ventrally
Why is the Xenopus a great animal model?
- Embryonic development takes place externally
- Development is simple and rapid
- Females produce eggs al year-round
- Eggs are quite large
- Entire genome is sequenced
- Animals are genetically similar to humans
- Embryos can tolerate extensive manipulation, as they are quite robust
- Animals are easy to keep in the lab
- Embryos are easy to grow in a simple culture medium
At which pole does cleavage take place?The animal pole -> the pole with the least egg yolk (in xenopus)
Discoidal cleavage takes place in which animals?Birds and fish
Holoblastic spiral takes place in which animalsAnnelids, molluscs and flatworms
Holoblastic radial takes place in which animals?Amphibians (xenopus frog0
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Don't study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding