A snapshot of the summary - Modeling and Implementation with IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8
1 Introduction to business process management
1.1 Business process management (BPM)
What are the three themes of BPM?
The goal, the system and the expected results.
What are the four phase of the BPM lifecycle?
Design, modelling, execution, and optimization.
What are the goals of the BPM Design phase?
- Capture executive vision
- Process nomination
- Process prioritization
- Process discovery
- Process analysis
What are the goals of the BPM Modelling phase?
- Create a process model
- Process adjustments
- Process simulation
What are the goals of the BPM Execution phase?
- Implement the process model as a process application
- Adjust business process requirements as needed
- Deploy and monitor the process application
What are the goals of the BPM Optimization phase?
- Analyze and evaluate process performance data
- Evaluate the process ability to meet new business goals
What is a business process?
A business process is a set of tasks or activities that takes specific inputs and converts them into specific outputs in a defined, predictable fashion.
What is process modeling?
Process modeling captures the ordered sequence of the business process tasks or activities.
What are the three phases of process modeling?
- Descriptive modeling
- Analytical modeling
- Executable modeling
Define Phase 1 or descriptive modeling?
Describe the process. This high level model describes the process, which is based on business requirements. The model is easily communicated across the organisation.
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Don't study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding