Study Cards on diagrams, model, element
If you don’t want humans to look at your work, you can delete all of the diagrams, leaving the underlying model intact. The diagrams are just views into the model
- A model is really just a repository for all the model elements within the system
- a database following the UML grammar
Multiple diagrams may contain the same element, show different aspects or detail of the same diagram element.
They are the same model element, which you can show by changing some property of the underlying model element; all the diagrams will change to reflect the new reality (see Fig. 2.3).
In fact, the same element can appear multiple times on the same diagram or on multiple diagrams.
- the first, a high- level diagram showing an overview
- and other diagrams showing more detail.
If you have more than one level of diagrams, capture the level with the other information.
Particularly in these cases, consider the needs and ability of audience when you determine how to diagram.
These could be done within the modeling tool, or they may be done by exporting the model to some other tools.
UML supplies a standard model-interchange mechanism that supports model exports and imports to other tools like SIG and MI.
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Don't study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding