- This summary
- +380.000 other summaries
- A unique study tool
- A rehearsal system for this summary
- Studycoaching with videos
A snapshot of the summary - Organizational behaviour
1 What is organizational behaviour?
Why is it important for managers to have good interpersonal skills?
It makes the workplace more pleasant, which makes it easier to hire and keep qualified people.
Waarvan is Organizational Justice een consistente predictor van?OCB en CWB
What are the 3 essential management skills?technical skills - apply specialized knowledge
human skills - ability to work with, understand and motivate people
conceptual skills - mental ability to analyse complex situations
Organizational effectiveness, impact op gedrag:- prestatie- turnover- absenteeism
What is the challenge for managers these days?stimulate creativity and tolerance for change
Name a positive and negative result of a networked organizationpos: create and structure work roles
neg: blurred line between work and non-work time
Characteristics of successful managers
- They are successful in terms of the speed of their promotion within their org.
- they spend a lot of time on networking (48%) -> political skills/networking are important for promotions
Characteristics of effective managers
- They are effective in terms of the quantity and quality of their performance and the satisfaction and commitment of their employees
- They spend a lot of time on communication (44%)
Mention the tree Interpersonal roles of managersFigurehead role, leadership role and liason role (contacting outsiders who provide the manager with information)
Mention the four Decisional roles of managersEntrepeneur role, Disturbance handlers, Resource allocators and Negotiator role