Study Cards on eu, democratic, eurozone
- Rise of euroscepticism.
- Economic hardship, general dissatisfaction with politics, national identity, nationalist attitudes.
- Elite and media cues
- Distance to Brussels
Why democratic deficit?
- European Parliament is the only institution directly elected
- Low turnout elections
- Elections are not European
Why no democratic deficit?
- EU is largely an intergovernmental organization, of which the members are democratically controlled by national parliaments.
- EU is quite transparent and open
- checks and balances and power-sharing support pluralism as key liberal democratic principle.
Underperforming eurozone economies wanting to stimulate growth are deprived of the ability to do so by devaluing their currency or lowering interest rates, as they are uniform across the eurozone.
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Never study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding