Study Cards on fascist, process, workers
- Based on competition and electoral choice.
- Characterized by a clear distinction between the state and civil society
- It provides protection for minorities and individuals
- The New Right
1. A wide dispersal of political power amongst competing groups
2. A high degree of internal responsiveness, group leaders being accountable to members
3. A neutral governmental machine that is sufficiently fragmented to offer groups a number of points of access
Peak association : A group recognized by government as representing the general or collective interests of businesses or workers
(shows also the bad side of corporatism: it empowers sectional groups to make demands on government. So it allows interest groups to dominate government. This leads to a drift towards state intervention and economic stagnation).
The economic consequences of unrestrained democracy are: high levels of inflation fuelled by public borrowing and a tax burden that destroys enterprise and undermines growth.
So New Right theorists see democracy in strictly protective terms (no social transformation)
So power cannot be widely and evenly dispersed in society as long as class power is unequally distributed.
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Never study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding