Study Cards on freedom, law, society
- Fundamental freedoms: Human rights are fundamental rights. They cannot be traded or taken away.
- Enforcing morality: unrestrained freedom may damage the fabric of society. There is a 'public morality' which society has the right to enforce through the instrument of law. Underlying this position is the belief that society is held together by a 'shared' morality, a fundamental belief of what is good and what is evil. Morality is top important to be left to the individual.
Why is international law 'soft' and not 'hard' law?
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Never study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding