Study Cards on government, corporatism, interests
What are the parallel developments in major industrialized states?
This tendency to integrate economic interests into government was a consequence of the drift towards economic management and intervention.
Where attempts have been made to shift economic policy away from state intervention and towards the free market, the impact of corporatism has markedly diminished.
- It can work to the benefit of the state, rather than major economic interests (peak associations can be used to exert discipline over their members and filter out radical demands).
- It threatens to subvert the processes of electoral or parliamentary democracy (no representative assembly but negotiations between government officials and leaders of powerful economic interests).
Interest-group leaders may exert political power, while not being publicly accountable.
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Never study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding