Study Cards on military, political, domestic
- Armed forces are tightly organized and highly disciplined bodies, characterized by a hierarchy of ranks and a culture of strict obedience. Extreme example of bureaucracy.
- The military is invariably characterized by a distinctive culture and set of values.
- The armed forces see themselves as above politics, because they guarantee the security and integrity of the state.
- in case of serious religious, ethnic or national conflict, the military can become the only guarantee of the integrity of the state.
-In cases where political legitimacy has collapsed the military may become the only prop of the regime, safeguarding it from popular rebellion or revolution. In this case the government has become a dictatorship.
Can replace or topple the regime.
--> military junta.
It is difficult for military rule to exist in a stable and enduring political form. It won't provide solutions, except during temporary periods of national crisis or political emergency.
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Never study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding