4 questions on "Debating the state - The role of the state - Minimal states"
The value of the state is that it has the capacity to constrain human behaviour and thus prevent individuals encroaching on the rights and liberties of others.
State is a protective body.
- ensures that contracts/voluntary agreements are enforced
- it provides protection against external attack.
Institutional apparatus: police force, court system, military.
Civil society: economic, cultural, social, moral and other responsibilities belong to the individual.
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Never study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding