Study Cards on state, states, territorial
- Marxists : origins can be traced back to the transition from feudalism to capitalism (the state being a tool used by the emerging bourgeois class).
- Mann: state's capacity to combine ideological, economic, military and political forms of power.
These institutions are public and publicy funded
Key features of the state:
1. The state is sovereign
2. State institutions are public
3. The state is an exercise in legitimation
4. The state is an instrument of domination
5. The state is a territorial association
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Never study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding