Study Cards on system, unitary, europe
State sovereignty has been eroded from above and from below -> example supranational institutions such as EU (from above) and sub - national territorial units such as Catalan independence (from below)
Decentralization : The expansion of local autonomy through the transfer of powers and responsibilities away from national bodies
2. The strengthened association between national power with territorial expansion that was brought about by imperialism.
Political power is always linked to the control of territory, because it allows rulers both to extract resources and to control geographically defined populations.
2. Relations among states have become to be characterized by growing interdependence and interconnectedness.
This has helped to reshape territorial politics and generate interest in multilevel governance.
- Devolved assemblies
A form of government that has no share in sovereignty, and thus is subordinate to central authority (in a federal system, to state or regional authority).
Secondary legislative power : The ability to vary some laws devolved from a central authority that retains ultimate legislative control
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Never study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding