Summary: Reader The Psychology Of Media And Communication
- This + 400k other summaries
- A unique study and practice tool
- Never study anything twice again
- Get the grades you hope for
- 100% sure, 100% understanding
Read the summary and the most important questions on Reader the psychology of Media and Communication
1 Introduction to Media Planning
This is a preview. There are 17 more flashcards available for chapter 1
Show more cards here
What is a medium?Refers to a class of carriers such as television, newspapers, magazines, and so on. (a group of carriers with similar characteristics)
What is different in the role of media planners since the advancement of technology?1. Planners need a greater knowledge base from which to formulate media plans.
2. they need to know how the media plan can contribute to the overall marketing plan.
3. planners now must have an almost intuitive sense of their target's life so they can select media that will expose the advertising at the most oppurtune time.
The new planner must have a breadth of knowledge, marketing understanding, research familiarity, computer literacy, creative planning awareness, and media acumen to do the job competently.
Why is mass media valuable for planners:1. Sucs media are able to quickly deliver large audiences at a relatively low cost
2. they can deliver advertisements to special kinds of audiences who are attracted to each medium's editorial or programming
3. they tend to develop strong loyalties among audiences who return to their favorite medium with a high degree of regularity.
What is meant by three screens:according to nielsen: conventional television, streaming video displayed on a computer screen and mobile that displays video content on a cell phone screen.
What is meant by nontraditional medium?Almost any other innovative way of delivering ad messages to consumers. for example the combination of magazines and sales promotion. The most commonly used nontraditional media include television screens in airport waiting areas, elevators, the top of gas pumps, in doctor's offices, and any other place where a video screen will display content to the public. Also posters in health clubs, signage on a golf course, and banners at public events.
Some are just used for an desire for additional income than for advertisers need.
Should Online media be included in Traditional Media?It can be included but since online media changes so quick it is possible to take a separate online unit within the media department to take care about it and be involved day-to-day.
What is meant by specialized media or niche media?Media that has a specific special-interest focus. like sport or photography magazines.
What is the purpose of a situation analysis in a media preplanning?to understand the marketing problem. A company and its competitors are analyzed on the basis of:
1. Size and share of the total market
2. Sales history, costs, and profits
3. distribution practices
4. Methods of selling
5. Use of advertising
6. identification of prospects
7. nature of the product
What is the purpose of a marketing strategy plan?To plan activities that will solve one or more of the marketing problems. Includes the determination of:
1. Marketing objectives
2. Product spending strategy
3. Distribution strategy
4. which elements of the marketing mix to use
5. identification of best market segments.
What is the purpose of a creative strategy plan?To determine what to communicate through advertisements. Include the determination of
1. How products can meet consumer needs
2. how product will be positioned in advertisements.
3. copy themes
4. specific objectives of each advertisement
5. number and sizes of advertisements.
- Higher grades + faster learning
- Never study anything twice
- 100% sure, 100% understanding